Are men great at or really terrible at drinking?
Drinking regularly is important and necessary. Yet even this is a thing that many a member of today’s world either do incorrectly or completely avoid / omit. Drinking 3 or more cups of coffee per day and a glass of wine or beer after dinner really isn’t the right way to hydrate our bodies to keep them healthy. Even though things are gradually improving, the current Western society is still set to suppress basic human biological needs. Many things are somehow more important than satisfying the biological needs. In many workplaces people are so busy that they get lucky to get the time to use the washroom once in the course of a work day. In some professions, such as retail, drinking on the sales floor is still considered prohibited behavior! During a long meeting standing up and stretching the stiff body is somehow not always appropriate. Thus people have little choice but to gradually get used to not respecting the biological signals from their bodies. Many thus gradually interpret them incorrectly or cease to be aware of them at all. The perceived feeling of hunger is often really thirst. It would only take a glass of water and the “hunger” would vanish. All this stands against the benefits of regular drinking regime.
Many people maintain that drinking water is boring, tasteless, annoying, and has the unpleasant consequence of too many visits to the washroom for which they don’t have time. Yes, regular cleansing of the urinary tract is an inevitable consequence of regular and correct drinking. Water doesn’t have a taste so attractive that one would develop an addiction to it. But if you wish to be healthy – and in many cases slimmer, fitter, and more sexually appealing as positive byproducts, then you simply have to take it, no excuses. Don’t wait for thirst! It’ll appear when the loss of fluids in the body is already formidable – it’s too late. Treat the drinking regime as a medicine – simply force yourself to make it a regular habit, because it works! You’ll see results already after a week – both in your energy levels and on your fat deposits. If you don’t believe this, try not respecting the drinking regime for a week and watch your results both in energy levels and in your heaviness drop. Or ask someone who drinks correctly to share their experiences!
How much should you drink? A glass of unflavored still water every hour. If you drink the first glass at 8a.m. and the last at 9p.m., you’ll have fulfilled your hydration quota perfectly. This intake of water will speed up your metabolism and you’ll have the feeling of a full stomach for most of the day. The recommendation of drinking 2 – 3 liters of water a day may be vague for those who don’t have the patience with measuring and numbers. So the system of a glass an hour is also more convenient even for the less disciplined. Of course, during high heat and sport activity the water intake needs to be higher and in low temperatures and during low physical activity the intake is lower. A petit man will need a different intake from a man of 160kg.
Won’t have the opportunity to visit the washroom for some time? The body eliminates waste liquids after roughly an hour and a half. If you’re planning an event when you won’t want to run to the washroom often, drink 1.5 to 2 hours before its beginning,
Signs of dehydration: you may not register them, because at first your body temperature will only mildly rise. Gradually and proportionally to the loss of liquids in the body your energy levels and thus productivity will decline and fatigue will rise. Unfortunately, only fatigue. Not feeling of thirst. Many people will cure fatigue with a cup [or 2?] of strong coffee. Caffeine stimulates urination, which is why drinks containing caffeine are not recommended for drinking regime. A person who already needs to top up his water level often won’t realize that his problems are connected only to hydration. Even 1% dehydration manifests itself in observably lower levels of productivity and decline in overall satisfaction. This will happen if the body lacks less than a liter of water. Thirst will appear only after the level of dehydration oversteps 2%. Why ruin your day by waiting for that? Sings of dehydration can be:
- fatigue, dry mouth, headache, dizziness
- irritability, lethargy, sluggishness
- observable decline in productivity / energy
- higher blood pressure, cramps
- feeling morose, grumpy, weak, annoyed
- slower reactions.
If you suffer from any of these states, train yourself to firstly think of the fact that they could be connected to “ordinary” thirst. If you exercised the drinking regime, you’d have less/fewer or none of this/these state(s). If a man drinks a cup of coffee in the morning, several of these signs of dehydration can already appear before lunch. On the hot summer days higher blood pressure + thirst can contribute to causing heart issues. If someone feels irritable an hour after lunch, this may be caused by the combination of low blood sugar and dehydration. And explosions of grumpy moods or anger can suddenly be explained from a wholly different angle.
Long-term signs of dehydration are less observable. If you’re used to drinking fewer liquids, know that low intake of liquids over a long term
- slows down metabolism
- can damage the kidneys and liver
- worsens the skin, hair, nails
- worsens digestion [and causes constipation]
- worsens concentration, because you’re not able to hold pictures in your imagination still [and yes, most people with learning difficulties are dehydrated]
- alcohol, drugs, nicotine, caffeine, preservatives, E numbers, food coloring, and sugar also dehydrate and deplete you of energy, vitamins, and minerals!
So what will you choose for your next drink? And if you have any health issues, The Light Bringer is here to help shed light on them.
- 02/01/2019 • Independent Masseuse or Massage Clinics / Parlours – Which Is Better for You?
- 11/01/2018 • Why Men Shouldn’t Take Reviews Seriously and I Don’t Allow Them
- 08/01/2018 • How Can Men Always Have Enough Money for Their Pleasures?
- 05/01/2018 • Why Having a Companion or Mistress is Healthy for a Man
- 02/01/2018 • High Class Isn’t High Class Anymore
- 11/01/2017 • Why Aromatherapy Works
- 07/01/2017 • Did You See My Details on a Directory Listing?
- 04/02/2017 • Aromatherapy for the Corporate Man
- 01/29/2017 • Why the Commercial Side of Your Relationship With a Companion Is Crucial
- 09/11/2016 • Cultural Differences in Understanding High End Companionship
- 06/04/2016 • Would You Sleep Without Me?
- 11/05/2015 • Dangers of Unrealistic Expectations
- 02/16/2015 • When Not to Have Massage
- 01/11/2015 • A Tip for Guys Who Exercise
- 08/14/2014 • Why Choosing Words Carefully Will Earn You Respect