If you sit in cars or at desks for long periods of time, this quick simple neck and shoulder self-massage will relieve the painful creeping tension and tight painful muscles of the neck and shoulders and the relief will heighten your productivity. Learn it here!
1. Tilt your head back and with the palms and fingers of each hand squeeze the flesh at the base of the neck on either side of the spine. While squeezing, slowly roll your head forward. Hold the stretch for ten seconds, then return your head to an upright position. The amount of flesh you squeeze depends on how relaxed your muscles are.
2. Stroke your hands up and down the back of your neck to warm the area. Then use the fingers of both hands to make deep circular pressures all around the neck area. Do not apply pressure to the spine.
3. Place your left hand on your right shoulder and squeeze the muscle there. While holding the squeeze, slowly rotate your shoulder backwards. A grinding noise indicates that the muscles are tense. Repeat with the right hand on the left shoulder.
4. Pummel your right shoulder with your left hand to bring fresh blood to the area. Support your left elbow with your right hand for comfort and keep your wrist loose and floppy as you swiftly strike the flesh. Repeat on your left shoulder.
5. With your fingers stroke firmly from the centre of the chest outwards, applying deep pressure between the ribs. When you reach the edges of the ribcage, return to the centre and repeat. Feel for and concentrate on tense spots as you work over the chest.
- 02/01/2019 • Independent Masseuse or Massage Clinics / Parlours – Which Is Better for You?
- 11/01/2018 • Why Men Shouldn’t Take Reviews Seriously and I Don’t Allow Them
- 08/01/2018 • How Can Men Always Have Enough Money for Their Pleasures?
- 05/01/2018 • Why Having a Companion or Mistress is Healthy for a Man
- 02/01/2018 • High Class Isn’t High Class Anymore
- 11/01/2017 • Why Aromatherapy Works
- 07/01/2017 • Did You See My Details on a Directory Listing?
- 04/02/2017 • Aromatherapy for the Corporate Man
- 01/29/2017 • Why the Commercial Side of Your Relationship With a Companion Is Crucial
- 09/11/2016 • Cultural Differences in Understanding High End Companionship
- 06/04/2016 • Would You Sleep Without Me?
- 11/05/2015 • Dangers of Unrealistic Expectations
- 02/16/2015 • When Not to Have Massage
- 01/11/2015 • A Tip for Guys Who Exercise
- 08/14/2014 • Why Choosing Words Carefully Will Earn You Respect