Be inspired by reading on if you live in the northern hemisphere, because in the southern one, while enjoying the height of summer, people have absolutely no reason to even dream of issues this article will discuss! The point of this article also won’t apply to you if you’re so motivated to reach whatever goal you set that nothing will distract you on the way. But if you’re of those people whose motivation has plenty of room for strengthening, read on too.
Albeit January 1 has become the most classic landmark of new beginnings, I see tremendous irony but no surprise in why the promise of most people’s new beginnings passes out of their lives as quickly as the month of January itself. The reasons for this are simple, logical, and commonsense:
Firstly, while January 1 celebrates new beginnings, the reality in most people’s worlds is more of blues. Lack of light – the northern hemisphere is in the darkest part of the year – , lack of money after the festivities, and a phenomenon similar to the postvacation blues are all hardly motivating. Albeit we’re still socially conditioned to toast to new beginnings, many people feel unwilling to let go of the old comforts and take on the charge onwards and upwards with their lives or self-development. Their resolutions to start something new are more symbolic of what should be than of where they really feel they are. After all, with plenty of [often fattening] festive food and drink still in the fridge to be eaten and drunk, who’d want to cut all that off and start a new strict diet in the centre of the dark pole of the year? The light(ness) of the spring is far away and thinking about it now with the fridge still full of festive food and drink seems unthinkable….
But a month later is a different story. As the amout of daylight decreases and increases by roughly 15 minutes per week, the longer daylight becomes noticeable. If a ninetofiver walks out of work at 5:30, he will see daylight. Daylight brings natural energy into our bodies. We feel more alive, the pull of the outdoors, want to be outside more, open the windows, let in air, take deep breaths, listen to the birdsong, and hope for the spring’s arrival. Isn’t this a much more motivating psychological environment to start something new? Besides, February is a month of purification from the winter festivities and their consequences before the lighter parts of the year hit our lives – and the promise of the spring is closer now than it was on 1 January.
At the beginning of this article I said that I was describing the situation of most people. Most doesn’t equal all. I am of those people to whom weather, darkness, nor postvacation blues don’t present blocks to taking on new challenges and getting what they want. But this is an advanced state of mental fitness that the majority of the world’s population – especially living in the well economically developed countries – does not have. So I aim this article at these folks who need a little help to embark on their dreams. Often the push of a well-meaning friend or family member’s good word simply doesn’t have the right effect due to the interpersonal dynamics and motivational mix not being absolutely right. So a different angle – and one that most people would never make a connection to – can do the trick! Not for nothing is February the month of purification [as I wrote here]!
But if you need even more help with spending the rest of your time on this planet to your full potential, The Light Bringer is always willing to help you shed light on the dark corners of your life. Let’s talk about it!
- 02/01/2019 • Independent Masseuse or Massage Clinics / Parlours – Which Is Better for You?
- 11/01/2018 • Why Men Shouldn’t Take Reviews Seriously and I Don’t Allow Them
- 08/01/2018 • How Can Men Always Have Enough Money for Their Pleasures?
- 05/01/2018 • Why Having a Companion or Mistress is Healthy for a Man
- 02/01/2018 • High Class Isn’t High Class Anymore
- 11/01/2017 • Why Aromatherapy Works
- 07/01/2017 • Did You See My Details on a Directory Listing?
- 04/02/2017 • Aromatherapy for the Corporate Man
- 01/29/2017 • Why the Commercial Side of Your Relationship With a Companion Is Crucial
- 09/11/2016 • Cultural Differences in Understanding High End Companionship
- 06/04/2016 • Would You Sleep Without Me?
- 11/05/2015 • Dangers of Unrealistic Expectations
- 02/16/2015 • When Not to Have Massage
- 01/11/2015 • A Tip for Guys Who Exercise
- 08/14/2014 • Why Choosing Words Carefully Will Earn You Respect